Griffin Regional Welcome Center and Gift Shop
The Griffin Regional Welcome Center is located at 143 North Hill Street, the old Griffin Grocery Company building. The late Mr. B. R. Blakely, Sr., a prominent local citizen and entrepreneur involved in agribusiness, banking and wholesale distribution, originally constructed the building in 1899. Due to its proximity to the Dixie Highway and the Central and Southern Railroad and Depot, the site was a strategic marketplace and shipping/receiving point. Local historians recall that the role Griffin Grocery Company played was extremely instrumental in Griffin's commercial development. Today, the building is home to the Griffin/Spalding Chamber of Commerce, a new gift shop and the Griffin Museum.
Griffin/Splading Chamber of Commerce