On Sunday, February 19,1967, the Building Planning Council recommended that consideration be given to moving the church to a new location. On April 23rd, the congregation voted 127 to 81 in favor of the recommendation. On September 24th, they voted to purchase five acres of land at the intersection of Memorial Drive, Futral Road and East College Street for the future location of the church. In 1975 the architect's plans for the new building were approved, and the Planning Council was directed to develop a plan for financing the new facility. 1977 was the year of decision, after many years of meetings and discussions, planning, and prayers, the decision was made to build the new church building at a total cost of $560,000. The groundbreaking ceremony took place October 2, 1977. Some of the stained class windows from the old church were moved to the new building, and the Pilcher pipe organ (purchased in 1894) was completely rebuilt. The church bell, originally purchased in 1871 that had hung in the original church building was moved to the grounds of the new building. The corner stone was removed from the old church and now sits near the bell on the current grounds.
September 10, 1978 was the last Sunday in the old church, After the worship service that morning, members of the congregation went home, ate lunch, and returned at 2 PM with trucks, station wagons, and other vehicles. In four hours everything movable had been transferred to the new building. The first service in the new building was September 17, 1978. The dedication ceremony was held November 19, 1978.
On August 24, 1980 the congregation voted to build an Activities Building. It was completed in July 1981.