REGULAR SCHEDULED MEETING
CITY OF GRIFFIN BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2011
W. ELMER GEORGE MUNICIPAL HALL
100 SOUTH HILL STREET
Call to order by Chairperson Todd
Pledge of Allegiance
PRESENTATIONS / DELEGATIONS
1. Recognize Commissioner Will Evans for his service to the City of Griffin from
2008 through 2011.
2. Recognize Benji Barlow of the Fire Department as the November 2011
“Strongest Link” Award recipient. Chief Tommy Jones will address.
3. Recognize a Resolution of Appreciation from the City of Kinston, North Carolina
for services provided by Griffin Power in response to Hurricane Irene damage.
Director of Electric Bill Bosch will address.
4. Industrial Development Authority Chairman Chuck Copeland will update the
Commission on activities of the IDA during 2011.
5. Review Popular Annual Financial Report (PAFR), Financials for October 2011
and the Revenue Status Report for October 2011. Director of Administrative
Services Markus Schwab will address.
At this time, the Chairperson opens the floor to comments from the audience. Comments
should relate to a specific agenda item, not listed on the agenda for a Public Hearing, or to a
concern within the jurisdiction of the City. Commission meetings serve the purpose of
conducting city business and are not a forum for the unlimited expression of opinion. The
Chairperson reserves the right to limit comments to matters germane to city business and may
refer speakers to the City Manager or other staff for resolution.
Public Hearings are conducted to allow public comment on specific advertised issues such as
rezoning, ordinances, policy development, operating budgets and other legislative actions to be
considered by the City Commission.
6. Receive comments regarding a conflict of interest statement for the City of
Griffin’s Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) 2012 Public Facility
Grant awards. Director of Planning and Development Services Frederick
Gardiner will address.
7. Consider approval of Minutes of the Regular Scheduled Meeting on November
22, 2011 and Minutes of the Workshop on November 22, 2011.
8. Consider Second and Final Reading of an amendment to the Code of the City of
Griffin at Chapter 90, Traffic and Vehicles, to include a New Article X,
Motorized Carts: to provide for motorized cart use on certain designated public
roads, rights of way and other public property.
The Regular Agenda includes items on which the Commission will individually consider and
possibly take action.
9. Consider a request from the Griffin Main Street Program (MSP) for the purchase
of a portable audio-visual system in the amount of $12,995.98 from Liberty
Technology for use in the Park at Sixth, from Commission Contingency, and
amend the budget accordingly. Director of Planning and Development Services
Frederick Gardiner will address.
10. Consider approval of a consolidated (bulk) buy for the purchase of forty (40)
desktop computers, four (4) laptops and miscellaneous peripherals from the Dell
Georgia State Contract. The IT equipment will be purchased under the City’s life
cycle management program in the amount of $32,182.00. Director of
Administrative Services Markus Schwab will address.
11. Consider for approval a Resolution adopting the revised 2011 Spalding County
Pre-Disaster Hazard Mitigation Plan. Griffin Fire Rescue Chief Tommy Jones
12. Consider an Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) between the City of Griffin and
Spalding County for transportation design and engineering services for projects
in the North Hill Street corridor plan. Downtown Development Authority
Director Adam Causey will address.
13. Consider for approval a Resolution to amend the Fiscal year 2011-2012 operating
budget in the amount of $5,700.00 for the purchase of eight (8) receipt printers
for Customer Service that will integrate into the Cogsdale Customer Information
Systems. Director of Electric Bill Bosch will address.
14. Consider a contract with Republic Intelligent Transportation Services, Inc. for the
maintenance of City operated traffic signals. Director of Electric Bill Bosch will
15. Consider awarding bid and Agreement with Rehab Construction in the amount of
$87,750.00 for repairs to Harry Simmons Water treatment plant filter #4 and, by
Resolution, amend the budget accordingly. Director of Public Works and
Utilities Dr. Brant Keller will address.
CITY MANAGER’S REPORT
The City Manager will update the Commission on pending items, upcoming workshops,
meetings, conferences and other pertinent issues.
CITY COMMISSIONER COMMENTS
Commissioners will provide updates regarding issues of interest from their respective districts
and/or committee reports.