Join Us

If you are interested in serving your local community, the City of Griffin has several boards that you can join.  For most boards, appointments are made at the beginning of each calendar year, but vacancies do arise throughout the year. Nominees must be willing and able to attend meetings.  If appointment, nominees must be able to review multifaceted material and make complex decisions.

To submit a nomination for vacant appointments, fill out the nomination form below or contact the city manager's office at 229-6408.  Completed forms should be returned to the City Manager’s office in the third floor of city hall.

Nomination Form




Vacancies will occur on the following City Boards, effective January 2018.  Nominees must be willing and able to attend meetings. Appointees must be able to review multifaceted material and make complex decisions. Interested persons may apply or nominate appointees by completing a “Nomination for Appointment” form and submitting it to the City Manager’s Office no later than 12 noon, Friday, January 5, 2018.  Appointments will be considered at the first Board meeting of the year, January 9, 2018.  Forms may be obtained at the City Manager’s Office – City Hall, 100 South Hill Street – 3rd Floor, by emailing:, or by visiting the City’s website,  Forms may be accompanied by resumes and references at the discretion of the nominee / nominator.



City Board/Commission/Authority              # Vacancies  Term      Expire                                      Meets           

Griffin Environmental Council                                            3         3-Year        12-31-20                         2nd Thurs ea Month/City Hall

Griffin Environmental Council (unexpired term)                1         3-Year        12-31-18                         1st Thurs ea Month/City Hall

Griffin-Spalding Airport Authority                                     1         6-Year        12-31-23                         2nd Mon ea Month/City Hall

Griffin-Spalding Development Authority                          3         3-Year        12-31-20                    2nd Thurs ea Month/GSDA Ofc

Griffin-Spalding Hospital Authority                                   1         4-Year        12-31-20                   4th Mon ea Month/Welcome Ctr

Griffin Historic Preservation Commission                        3         3-Year        12-31-19                   2nd/4th Wed ea Month/City Hall

Griffin Housing Authority (Community Representative)          1         5-Year        12-31-21         2nd Wed ea Month/Housing Auth Ofc

Griffin Housing Authority (Resident-Auth. Recommends)       1         1-Year        12-31-18         2nd Wed ea Month/Housing Auth Ofc

Griffin Main Street Program (Business Property Owner)         1         3-Year        12-31-20                   4th Wed ea Month/Welcome Ctr

Pension Committee (Active Employee & Retiree)                     2         1-Year        12-31-17      Last Wed of 1st Month ea Qtr/City Hall

Spalding Co. Collaborative Auth. (City Law Enforcement)    1         2-year        12-31-18       2nd Wed ea Month/Spalding Reg Hosp

Griffin Planning & Zoning Board                                      2*        3-Year        12-31-20                          3rd Mon ea Month/City Hall

     (District 5 & At-Large Appointments)

Griffin-Spalding Area Transportation Committee           2        Annual       12-31-18         3rd Wed. Odd Months/County Annex

Griffin-Spalding  “         “ (Ex-Officio Law Enforcement)        1        Annual       12-31-18         3rd Wed. Odd Months/County Annex

Three Rivers Area Agency on Aging (AAA) Adv Council   2         3-Year        12-31-20                Quarterly at Stone Lodge in Senoia

*Nominations are accepted for this appointment however, since it is made by a specific Commissioner for his/her district, it is not required to meet the process requirements of the City’s adopted policy.


I Want To
Contact Numbers

Operator: 770-229-6400
Central Services: 770-229-6421
Customer Service: 770-229-6403
Environmental Hotline: 770-229-6625
Planning & Development: 770-233-4130
Police Department: 770-229-6450
Narcotics Tip Line: 678-692-0452
Public Works: 770-229-6603
For Power/Water Outages Call: 770-229-6406
National Human Trafficking Resource Center: 1-888-373-7888